learn how to spell with me

Monday, January 08, 2007

1 to 233

i read this book on the way back to houston from nyc. in the book, the story is told by a boy (christopher) with autism and it reminded me of flowers for algernon's format. since christopher is a genius of math and science, you learn neat things about these 2 topics that you normally wouldnt encounter. because of that, i wished i sat next to a friend on the plane so i could share with them all these random, neat, and intelligent tid-bits from the book. also, it was so moving seeing the depth of love, patience, and dedication christopher's parents had for him despite the frustrations and hardships that come with raising a son with autism. and this book gave me a clearer understanding of autism but i still find this condition mysterious. o yeah, there was a mystery element to the book which i always welcome :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED that book. I read it on the plane to LA. Also wanted to share all the interesting things to someone. My TFA hoodie got myself into a conversation with the lady next to me, who happened to be a special ed teacher. She also happens to have 3 austistic grandchildren. So very interesting chatting with her about education and autism. JUST started the book when I got on the plane, though. So good thing I had just read the article in Newsweek a few days before! Otherwise, I wouldn't have known much at all about autism.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home