learn how to spell with me

Thursday, May 18, 2006

so you had a bad day

Haha, after reading simeon’s graduation survey post (it totally cracked me up. Is it good or bad that mean things make me laugh now?), I am inspired to update my blog. I’ve kinda given up on updating about italy because I’m pretty behind, but here goes…

The weather in italy was cold, rainy, dreary, and slow the first 2 days I was in italy. The weather interestingly reflected how I was feeling. I really missed home then and anything that reminded me of home would make me tear up. My family and friends were really great by still being able to care for me even when I was so far away (thank you guys!). Writing about how I was feeling then is weird because now I understand that I just needed to give myself some necessary time to adjust to my new environment and time difference.

Random things I did the first 2 days:

-12 Canadians are staying at the B&B for 12 days so I helped clean and prepare the rooms for them before they came. I ironed sheets until I got a blister!

- Orlando is almost failing school right now :\ so I helped him with math homework. I was really surprised by all the calculus I remembered! Or I hope I remembered… :x

- listened to lots of music! I’m not sure why but I think it was because it was something familiar and I could actually understand it. now, I don’t listen to music at all due to my dying mp3 player.

- had my first Italian-style breakfast that I would later become my routine. I love breakfast here. I have coffee every morning with cookies or cake. Yum. AND, im mastering the art of making the perfect cup of coffee. Ask me and I’ll make a cup for you when I return :p.

- speaking of routines, some have already developed. Massimo always eats an apple (or mela) everyday after lunch and dinner. We watch the news during lunch and watch an Italian soap opera during dinner. Routines can be comforting at times, no?

- learned the lyrics of missy elliot’s “I’m really hot” song and taught Orlando what the song really meant. Shout out to simeon for teaching me bad things which helped me understand the lyrics.

- had DELICIOUS food. I love Italian food. every meal is so simple yet delicious. I hope I can make some of it next year but the ingredients in America cant compare :(. For the food fans, I’ll try to post what I’ve been eating everyday. Good food so far: homemade French fries (the potatoes here are soft when they’re raw!), rice topped with olive oil and parmesan cheese, fried chicken, cucumbers soaked in olive oil and salt/pepper, onion + panna pasta, and strawberries with homemade yogurt (vanna has a special machine for this!).

- met michele’s girlfriend (she had lunch with us on saturday). It seems like a lot of the Italian girls are tough-looking and even so, I really liked his gf :).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww! i wish i could be there...ive been looking at flights from london for the two weekends before you leave but it doesnt look pretty =/ hopefully some good last minute deals will come about :) Im soooo glad you are having a great time! (I really wish i couldve done it with you! i wouldve gotten us matching housekeeping outfits...haha)

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

may i make a suggestion? have correct pronunciation in parentheses so people don't confused. for example: michele (mi-KEH-leh). and also specify that he's male. cuz "michele" looks like "michelle".

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha jennifer is soo funny!!!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home