learn how to spell with me

Friday, March 06, 2009

milk

you must go see milk! i absolutely love movies that tell stories about people everyone should know about. one of my favorite scenes is at the end when they flash back to harvey milk turning 40 and he says (something along the lines of), "i'm already 40 and i've done nothing with my life. i'm not going to make it to 50." it's great because it gives me hope about my life - i might be in my twenties with no accomplishments but i have no idea what lies ahead...just like harvey who had no idea what he would accomplish and how big of an impact his life would have on others and the community around him post-40's. the movie makes him out to be an incredible man who loved others naturally and fought for what he believed was right. this movie inspired me, made me laugh and cry, and helped me see another side of a community i really know little about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home