learn how to spell with me

Friday, May 19, 2006

Featuring…the pets of Casa Cheli

All my life I always wanted a dog but due to certain parental constraints, inability to commit, and lack of responsibility, my lifelong dream of having a pet never happened. But, God has graciously “made up” for that period of my life by providing me currently with a surplus of animals for me to play with, love, and name (I like naming things). So the following posts features the beloved animals of casa cheli.

This is molly and I fell in love with her this past winter break during our previous visit. The first time I met her she was the sweetest and friendliest dog and resembled her owner, vanna :p. I wish I could explain how big of a bundle of joy she actually is. Anyways, now she’s more on the chill side because she’s pregnant! I don’t know if you can see the bulge in her tummy or not. It’s really cute because she’s not used to her enlarged-self so she’ll frequently knock over chairs and get stuck through the doorway. Haha, really cute.

This is matilla who is the most beautiful and friendly cat I have ever come in contact with. She jumps in my lap to get petted and would be my “animal of choice” if I were to steal one of the cheli’s animals! This is her with her kitten. The kitten I named Tame because she was a freaking wild cat and needed to be tamed. She would not let anything or anyone touch her and she never walked but instead pounced around. Michele later on gave it to his girlfriend as a gift. Lots of luck to her.

These are the bunnies!!! The mama rabbit had NINE bunnies recently! Soooo cute! I named the bunnies: grumpy, happy, sneezy, doc, ___, weird, and snotty. I wish I could get a picture of the mama rabbit because she is HUGE, especially in comparison to her children. I named the mama rabbit, bicchierri or cup in Italian because the cheli’s are teaching me Italian and I always get stumped on this word! I’m hoping naming the rabbit this will help me remember :).

This is Johnny who the guests often call “the thing.” Poor Johnny. You cant really tell but his eye was scratched by something and it got infected really bad so his eye is growing this blue THING on it :\. This is a good picture of him because it shows how he usually is. He likes to sit/stay/sleep in chairs where people recently sat in so if you ever get up from your chair, don’t be surprised to find Johnny in it a second later. warning: it can get pretty annoying, especially when you intend to sit back down in your chair. vanna often tries to teach him but if I could rename him, I would name him “impossible.”

You cant really see, but this is where we keep the turtles and yellow little birds. There are four turtles so I named them Leonardo, michaelangelo, ___, and ___. Don’t ask me which is which because I wouldn’t know. The cheli family feeds them the leftover salad material. And for the birds, vanna says they’re there to always give us a personal concert everyday :). I have yet to name the birds.

This is the rooster and his wife. He has many wives, actually. The rooster I named Danger because it’s literally dangerous. He bit a little girl who was here for a party! I’m also very scared of him and I always carry a stick whenever I know I have to be around him.

This is zucherro (sugar in Italian) who is the “mascot” and mini-pony of the cheli family. Not much to stay about him except that I like this picture of him and tiffany when we visited. O yeah, he used to be in the circus before he came here! I guess that’s pretty interesting and vanna says he’s “talented.” I, personally, havent seen him do much except stand and eat grass.

Not pictured: gwendalina the geese and the frogs who live in the bbq pit. Massimo always tries to get me to kiss the frogs because he wants me to have a prince.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwww you dont need a prince...you got me! haha..omg michele gave the kitten away?!?! i wanted to see it when I came to visit...when will matilda have her puppies? within the next two weeks? cause that would seriously force me to come visit you despite expensive plane tickets :) i love all the animals around!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home