learn how to spell with me

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

圖書館

For these past few months, I've been an avid fan of the library. Nerdy, I know, but it really is a great place that people should take more advantage of! I love it because I can check to see if they have the book I want online, place it on hold so I don't have to wander the library in search of my book, and it forces me to finish reading my book before the due date – no more of those annoying and defeated half-finished-books lying around!

So far, these are the books I've read and a short blurb of my thoughts:

Harry Potter. Yay, I finally got to finishing the harry potter series!! Great series and I liked this book mostly because I like happy endings. Similar to other harry potter books, it was hard to put this book down and I pretty much finished this book on my flight back to Austin from NYC.


Banker to the Poor. Highly, highly recommend this to any bankers and entrepreneurs – even if you aren't those things, I would still recommend this book to you. It's usually hard for me to get through a book without much of a "plot" but micro-financing is so interesting that you want to learn more about it. I'm fascinated by Nobel Peace Prize winners and it's unquestionable to why Yunnus won - he is inspiring, intelligent, and innovative.


American Born Chinese. Although not a frequent reader of Angryasianman.com, I saw a post about this book which sparked my curiosity in reading it. I was originally confused to why the library categorized it under the youth section but found out the reason once I checked it out and it's because it's a comic book. Short read and not as good as angryasianman.com hyped it up to be.


Tree Grows in Brooklyn. One of my "life goals" is to read all my friend's favorite books and this one is yvonne's favorite book. It's a story about a poor, immigrant girl growing up in America. I think i would have enjoyed the book more if i read it with an english class...


...now reading the Glass Castle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Haha Angryasianman.com loves to hype up anything asian american even if it's a piece of crap.

I think they push so hard at AA issues, that they're blinded by the fact for as many good things (literature, art, films) AAs puts out, there is just as many horrible pieces of crap that should never be released.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home