learn how to spell with me

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Los Angeles Angels


Made a quick trip to LA to celebrate miss laura's birthday...10/10, what an easy birthday to remember. this was my 2nd time visiting california within a 4 week timeframe, i'm either extremely spoiled or it's time for me to move to california (probably both)! highlights included beach bumming, spending time with some of my favorite people in this world, and celebrating laura's birthday with dorky event after dorky event (click here for pictures). laura is the queen of dorkiness and we love her so dearly for that :p.

 
we also went to LA to run our first half marathon! the most i trained for was 8 miles so i was super impressed with myself that i was able to run all 13 miles in 2:26:50! i even told my family to meet me at the finish line 3 hours after i started but i finished much earlier than previously predicted which also makes me smile.

run down of my race: mile 6 felt pretty good (surprising since i'm usually dying by then when i trained). mile 8 started getting a little painful but i gave myself the prize of listening to my ipod (since this was the furthest i trained for) which kept me motivated. mile 10 was extruciating. mile 11, someone please bring me a wheelchair. mile 12 is when the crowds start gathering to cheer you on and you feel like you can FINISH this thing. finish line, my feet and legs hated me so much that i had to sit down immediately and only stood up afterwards to take a quick picture with my family.

all in all, im really happy that i completed my first half marathon! never in my life would i have thought i could run 13 miles but I CAN. now i push myself to run further when i work out bc i know how far my body and spirit can go...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mark Chu said...

wow this is the greatest blog i've ever read!!!!!!!!!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Albert Nguyen said...

I still can't believe you ran for that long and for that far. that's really amazing

6:59 PM  
Blogger Matt and Jennifer said...

Hey, that's a good running photo! All of mine look retarded. Oops... not supposed to use that word around Mark.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Laura in Kazakhstan said...

SO proud of you!!

Btw, I am NOT the queen of dorkiness...I believe your throne is right next to me...co-Queen. psh please, like I could handle dorkiness by myself.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home